AT&T Developer Program Ranked Best Among All U.S. Carriers For Fifth Consecutive Year
Longest-running Developer Program Among Carriers Provides Unmatched Support and ToolsDallas, Texas, February 02, 2011
- Survey from Evans Data Corporation shows AT&T ranked highest among U.S. wireless carriers by developers for fifth consecutive year.
- AT&T Developer Program led all others in all categories surveyed and provides unmatched support for the developer community.
- 2011 AT&T Developer Summit on Jan. 5 saw record attendance of close to 2,000 participants.
According to the survey from Evans Data, the leader in analysis of the global software development industry, the AT&T Developer Program ranked highest in every category surveyed:
- Mobile Application Distribution
- Best Tool Offerings
- Supported Technologies
- Market Potential
AT&T Developer Program
The AT&T Developer Program, active since 1996, strives to be the most comprehensive resource for wireless software developers. Only a mobile operator like AT&T can provide a holistic program inclusive of multiple operating systems and devices. The AT&T Developer Program is dedicated to reducing fragmentation and complexity as developers write new applications as well as supporting them as they bring apps to market. Specifically, the AT&T Developer Program provides:
- A wealth of technical and business content including a large collection of whitepapers and webcasts at developer.att.com.
- Unique web properties including a searchable detailed device database, the Certified Solutions Catalog, the Enterprise Reference Library, and AT&T's Mobile Application Planner.
- AT&T offers live chat support in addition to forums, email support, a device loaner program and the AT&T Help Ticket system.
- Developers can also access the Developer Dashboard to easily see the status of an application submitted for one of AT&T's application storefronts and then once it is released, to track their sales.
- An annual summit for developers to hear executive presentations, learn about latest technical updates in breakout sessions and network with peers. The 2011 AT&T Developer Summit occurred Jan. 5 ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show and was attended by nearly 2,000 participants.
- A yearly contest now called "Open Call: Apps for All" in which any developer may come and 'pitch' their application for five minutes. Finalists are chosen to return for judging by a panel of AT&T and third party industry leaders and winners receive a cash prize and marketing support for their application
"The developer community is essential to our goal of providing the best mobile experience for our wireless customers," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "Customers expect the best applications for their mobile device, which is why we're focused on operating the top developer program to meet those demands."
"We congratulate AT&T for such outstanding results in our survey of carrier developer programs," said Janel Garvin, CEO of Evans Data Corp. "The AT&T Developer Program is raising the bar for the industry and developers benefit."
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
About Evans Data Corporation
Evans Data Corporation provides regularly updated IT industry market intelligence based on in-depth surveys of the global developer population. Evans' syndicated research includes surveys focused on developers in a wide variety of subjects.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates - AT&T operating companies - are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Posted: February 2, 2011