SCORE Launches Government Contracting Resources for Small Businesses at www.score.org
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Washington, DC – SCORE launches online resources to help small businesses secure government contracts at www.score.org. New articles, tools and events will be featured in this resource center for small businesses. SCORE, American Express OPEN and Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) with Give Me 5: Education and Access for Women in Government Contracting will sponsor the section. SCORE CEO Ken Yancey says, “Small businesses are looking to grow their sales and success. Government contracting is a good way for small businesses to get new customers and increase revenue.” Yancey adds, “SCORE mentors can help guide entrepreneurs through the process of marketing to the government and securing contracts.” “Through government contracting, American Express OPEN has identified a much-needed growth opportunity for small business owners at a time when they need new revenue sources more than ever before,” said Michelle Thompson-Dolberry, director of advocacy marketing at American Express OPEN. “We are pleased to partner with SCORE and our other government contracting partners, Women Impacting Public Policy and Business Matchmaking, to give all business owners access to a variety of resources that will help them grow and succeed.” Find the following resources at www.score.org/government_contracting.html:
- Quick Links includes an introduction to government contracting from American Express OPEN, podcasts from Give Me 5, and access to SCORE mentoring.
- Stats on Government Contracting provides the latest research and facts on small businesses doing business with the government.
- Insights for Government Contracting offers an overview of how to get started as a government contractor, opportunities through federal stimulus funding, and the benefits of cooperating with larger firms for contracts.
- Government Contracting: Tips & Resources links to American Express OPEN’s Insight Guides, a multi-level training curriculum to help business owners get started in government contracting, participate in mentorship programs, and succeed in government contracting.
- Give Me 5: Education and Access for Women in Federal Contracts features free training podcasts and upcoming live webinars.
- SCORE 2.0: Connect with Us Online includes links to SCORE’s free podcasts, women’s blog, eNewsletters and Facebook Fan page.
- How SCORE Can Help You highlights SCORE’s free online and face-to-face mentoring and workshops.
American Express OPEN ® is dedicated exclusively to the success of small business owners and their companies. OPEN ® supports business owners with exceptional service. With tailored products and services, the team delivers purchasing power, flexibility, control and rewards to help customers run their business. Specifically, business owner customers can leverage an enhanced set of products, tools, services and savings, including charge and credit cards, convenient access to working capital, robust online account management capabilities and savings on business services from an expanded lineup of partners. To obtain more information about OPEN, visit OPEN.com, or call 1-800-NOW-OPEN to apply for a card. Terms and conditions apply.
American Express Company www.americanexpress.com is a leading global payments, network and travel company founded in 1850.
Posted: February 4, 2010
More Latest News »