Division of Motor Vehicles Announces Online Road Test Scheduling
Save yourself a trip and schedule your road test online with the Division of Motor Vehicles.
The Department of Administration, Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is pleased to announce its newest web service. You can now schedule a road test online at http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/faq/roadtest.htm
The new DMV road test scheduling system allows you to:
- select a test type (standard license, motorcycle, commercial driver license);
- select a DMV location (i.e. Anchorage, Bethel, etc.);
- schedule an appointment on the calendar (test can be scheduled 24 hours prior to the test and up to 60 days in advance);
- complete the applicant information;
- pay with a credit card and print a receipt;
- receive a confirmation email with road test instructions and location directions;
- receive a reminder email three days before the appointment;
- reschedule a test up to 24 hours before the test; and
- cancel a test (there are no refunds for cancelled tests).
DMV Director Whitney Brewster said, “The DMV’s online scheduling system eliminates the need for an applicant to make two or more trips to the DMV for their road test; one to schedule or change their test time and another to take the test. The DMV is excited to provide this additional service to its customers and hope they find it convenient and easy to use.”Customers can still come in to any DMV office to schedule and pay for a road test.