Delegation Announces Grants and Contracts to Alaska ProgramsWashington, D.C. - The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
U.S. Department of Transportation:
· $367,500 to the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities for the purchase of transportation vehicles and equipment.
· $274,000 to the Municipality of Anchorage for the purchase of a replacement bus.
· $945,680 to the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities to move a railroad track to a more stable and less flood-vulnerable location.
U.S. Department of the Interior:
· $600,000 to the University of Alaska for earthquake monitoring.
U.S. Department of Labor:
· $300,000 to the State of Alaska to provide part-time, community service-based job training for unemployed low income persons 55 or older.
U.S. Department of the Army:
· $253,329,165 to GM GDLS Defense Group, of Michigan, to provide contractor logistics support for Stryker vehicles at Fort Wainwright, Alaska (estimated at 5% of contract) as well as at other bases.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
· $475,000 to the City and Borough Wrangell City, Alaska for the renovation o
Posted: February 2, 2010
More Government & Politics »