Weekly Coal Production Report: December 19, 2013
The Weekly Coal Production Report has been updated for the week ended December 14.
For the week ended December 14:
• U.S. coal production totaled approximately 18.9 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 3.1% higher than last week's estimate and 2.9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2012
• Coal production east of the Mississippi River totaled 8.2 mmst
• Coal production west of the Mississippi River totaled 10.8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 957.1 mmst, 1.9% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2012
The Weekly Coal Production Report for the week that will end on December 21, 2013 will be released on December 30, 2013.
A comparison of the coal production estimates with the actual Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) data for 2012 has been posted at the "Evaluation of coal production estimates 2012" link on the weekly coal production webpage.
For more information:
Posted: December 19, 2013