Update: Jack Dalton Joins Other Special Guests Including Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell at Alaska State Fair Christmas Open House This Sunday, Dec. 15
Alaska First Lady Sandy Parnell and Governor Sean Parnell.
PHOTO: Office of Governor Sean Parnell
Palmer, Alaska – Additional details have been confirmed for the Alaska State Fair’s Christmas Open House, which takes place this Sunday, December 15 from 1 – 4 p.m. at Raven Hall on the fairgrounds. The updated schedule includes Yup’ik storyteller Jack Dalton, who will share an original Christmas story, and Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell, who will give a special reading of “Twas the Night Before Christmas.”
Everyone in the community is invited to attend this free, family fun event, held in conjunction with the Palmer Colony Christmas celebration.
- Acoustic Christmas music with Ken Peltier and Hobo Jim at 1 and 3:15 p.m.
- A special reading of “Twas the Night Before Christmas” by honored guest Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell at 1:45 p.m.
- An original Christmas story by Yup’ik storyteller Jack Dalton at 2:15 p.m. Dalton is a world-renowned, award-winning, professional storyteller, writer and teacher, whose credits include Raven’s Radio Hour, which Dalton has performed at the Fair for the past two years.
- Musical performance by special guest singer/songwriter Adele Morgan at 2:40 p.m.
Guests will also enjoy free:
- Visits with Santa Claus and his reindeer and elves
- Photo opportunities with the Fair’s spectacular holiday lighting as a backdrop
- Horse-drawn carriage/sleigh rides around the fairgrounds (weather permitting)
- Special children’s activities and more!
Posted: December 12, 2013