Innovative Cargo Container Construction Company Poised to Take Building Industry by Storm as Grandson of Frank Lloyd Wright Steps into Lead Architectural Vision
One of North America’s most innovative real estate development firms, Three Squared, Inc., names revered industry veteran, Eric Lloyd Wright and Associates, to design multiple groundbreaking projects
DETROIT, Mich, December 2013–Forward-thinking real estate development company, Three Squared™, Inc., North America’s leader in innovative cargo container construction solutions, today announced the appointment of esteemed industry veteran, Eric Lloyd Wright -- once an apprentice to his historically renowned architect grandfather -- Frank Lloyd Wright, to lead their architectural vision. This as the company makes exceptional strides with its unique proprietary shipping container construction methods spurred by escalating marketplace acceptance and demand, which is being driven by superior cost efficiencies, heightened profitability, and minimal build time associated with this visionary building option.
“I am thrilled to join Three Squared and work in a brand new arena that will truly revolutionize the building industry,” notes Eric Lloyd Wright. “Given the significant impact this construction approach will have on future generations, our architectural and oversight work with the company will be a distinguished part of my legacy—one that I am especially proud and excited about. This proprietary method of construction is the ‘next big thing’ in the U.S. building industry and it will have an enduring impact. I’m delighted to play an integral role in developing residential and commercial properties nationwide and bringing this option to market for the first viable time in our country’s history.”
“Having Eric Lloyd Wright and Associates join our firm is hugely validating for the viability of our building method, the marketplace opportunity, and our company’s distinct approach,” underscores Leslie Horn, CEO of Three Squared. “Not only has Eric worked with his legendary grandfather on highly significant projects like the Guggenheim Museum in New York City, but his current focus on green building design—based on the integration of ecology, social responsibility, and beauty—will also serve our customers well. Through his years of design experience, Eric keenly understands his grandfather’s interpretation of Lao Tsu’s teaching: it is not the physical walls and roof, but the space within a building that forms its character–its soul—and this could not ring truer of our buildings.”
Three Squared, whose pioneering building solution offers systemized and sustainable construction resulting in affordable luxury for the builder, tenant, and homeowner alike, today concurrently cited an array of significant company projects and other milestones, as follows.
- The company is slated to build over 1 billion in projects over the next 36 months across the U.S. and internationally.
- With all financing now in place, the highly anticipated Detroit Model Center will break ground in January 2014 with completion slated for February 2014. It will be ready to accept purchase agreements for the company’s Rosa Parks and Michigan Ave. projects.
- The Rosa Parks condo complex—the company’s flagship project—is now “shovel ready” with an approved $603K tax credit. The project is approved for buyers and there is $25,000 down payment assistance available. This 20-unit, four-story condominium complex spans 26,000 square feet and integrates 93 shipping containers. The energy efficient systems include ductless heating and air system, tank-less water heaters, and other amenities that combine to reduce each unit’s energy costs by up to 80%.
- Entering the disaster relief space, the company is providing organizations that are doing disaster relief with necessary support, including temporary housing for organizations doing the work on the ground, permanent housing for local residence that have lost their homes, and mobile medical units. Operations are planned to launch in 2014 and will be based out of Danville, Virginia.
- The company launched the patented Cargolinc Systems–a first-of-its-kind proprietary three-step process that provides architects, builders/developers, and private owners with a way to surpass green and sustainable construction and quality standards at a fraction of the cost and time, allowing for higher quality luxury finishes within budget.
- Multiple patent filings are in process.
“We are the perfect solution for all types of construction projects,” Horn says. “With the U.S. new construction industry desperate for ways to cut costs without undermining quality, our construction method is an extraordinarily well-positioned solution. This is especially true for America’s multi-family, mixed use, and commercial markets that are completely underserved even as demand for this segment rises. For these reasons and more, our building options are being extremely well received in both the domestic and international marketplace as our recent array of milestones demonstrate.”
Horn continues, “Our company marries the trend toward sustainable housing solutions with the problems of escalating building costs and a surplus of unlikely, yet durable, versatile, widely available, economical and code-friendly materials, which we use to frame houses, condominiums, dormitories and other residential, retail, and commercial structures,” Horn continues. “In fact, our construction method is an average of half the costs of other building methods. The structures also take a fraction of the time to build and are more energy efficient than their counterparts because of a high-purposed combination of new technologies that our team is creating and blending together. What’s more, our buildings provide an elegant balance of simplicity with inherent character and personalized style in each wall. Design is only limited by imagination.”
Given the range of benefits and advantages, architects, contractors, and individuals are increasingly using similar methods to build homes, offices, apartments, schools, dormitories, artists’ studios, emergency shelters and shops across the world. Europe, China, and New Zealand have successfully pioneered sustainable living construction in great numbers by utilizing similar techniques. For example, Travelodge, a global leader in budget hotel lodging, celebrated the fourth anniversary of their completed hotel in Uxbridge, England. The project used similar construction methods and came in 10% under alternative building estimates, saving them £500,000, or approximately $900,000, on the construction.
About Three Squared, Inc.
Three Squared, Inc. is a property development market leader in the construction industry. This real estate development firm has a unique and effective method of building safe, cost-efficient and environmentally-friendly homes, schools, offices, and warehouse space across the globe. The company’s Cargolinc™ Systems ground-breaking proprietary 3 step process offers a more profitable and efficient design and engineering system for construction projects. Rebuilding America through modular living, Three Squared is demonstrating new luxury construction can be executed faster, more affordably, and with greater energy efficiency. Learn more online at ..
Posted: December 17, 2013