Properly Dispose of Wind Storm Debris
The recent wind storms have led to a large number of down and precarious trees
throughout the municipality. The Mayor’s office would like to remind residents to
properly handle and dispose of wind-fallen trees.
• Practice safety first when using saws, chainsaws and lifting.
• Replenish your wood pile for summer camping trips and next winter’s
• Contract with a tree service company to chip trees on your property
and use chips under swing sets, for mulch, paths and other
• Leave woody debris on site until the wood lots open in the spring.
Updates can be found at the AFD web site
Please check proper maximum lengths and diameters.
• Dispose woody debris at the Anchorage Regional Landfill (regular
waste disposal rates apply) www.muni.org/Departments/SWS/disposal/Pages/ARL.aspx and
remember to secure and cover your load.