December is Filled with Holiday Joy and Festivities at Alyeska Resort
December 14, 2009 (Girdwood, Alaska) – Alyeska Resort is hosting holiday activities and special events with locals and families in mind. From special dinners to the start of the night-skiing season, there is much to celebrate in the month of December.
The North Pole has sent word that Santa will arrive at Alyeska Resort on Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 7:00 PM. Santa will be taking photos with the kids and enjoying holiday cookies, beverages and the holiday spirit. Parents can drop off presents off December 15 and 16, 2009 at the front desk of The Hotel Alyeska. Please call 907-754-1111 to make arrangements.
The holiday night-skiing schedule starts December 17, 2009 to January 2, 2010, operating daily excluding December 24 and 31, 2009. Night-skiing includes the Tram, Chair 1 and Bear Cub Quad from 4:00 to 9:00 PM. Night-skiing tickets are $40 for adults and $30 for ages 8 – 13. The annual torchlight parade and fireworks show will illuminate the slopes of Alyeska this New Year’s Eve beginning at 8:00 PM. This event is free and open to the public. The best viewing is at the Daylodge.
The following holiday special events and promotions will also be taking place at Alyeska Resort:
- On December 19, 2009 Alyeska Resort recognizes the arrival of the winter solstice with an exhibition of local freeride talent. The Winter Solstice Exhibition will be held in front of the deck at the Sitzmark Bar & Grill from 5:30 to 6:30 PM.
- Free skiing on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2009 for all guests who wear a complete Santa suit (hat, beard, pants and jacket). To redeem your free lift ticket, go to any Alyeska Ticket Office.
- Seven Glaciers Restaurant, winner of the AAA Four Diamond Award, is serving a five-course prix fixe dinner on December 25, 2009 and December 31, 2009. Reservations can be made by calling 907-754-2237.
- The Pond Café is offering traditional Christmas and New Year’s holiday buffets on December 25 and 31, 2009. A special New Year’s Day Brunch will be served from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM on January 1, 2010 Reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling 907-754-2237.
- Alyeska Gift Cards are available online or by calling 907-754-2108. The gift cards can be used at throughout Alyeska Resort at restaurants, shops, The Spa at Alyeska, as well as on lodging, season passes, etc. Gift cards will also be available at the Alyeska Resort Booth at the Dimond Center Mall open daily from noon to 6:00 PM through December 27.
About Alyeska Resort (www.AlyeskaTesort.com)
Alyeska Resort is Alaska's premier year-round destination featuring The Hotel Alyeska, an award-winning 304 room full-service property. Located just 40 miles from Anchorage and TedStevensAnchorageInternationalAirport, Alyeska Resort is your base camp for summer and winter excursions. Alyeska Resort stands out during ski season with 650” of average snowfall annually and the longest-continuous double black diamond ski run in North America. Learn more about the resort and plan your Alaskan adventure at www.AlyeskaResort.com or 800.880.3880.
Posted: December 14, 2009