August Boot Camps (22nd and 29th)
PAST BOOT CAMPS:
(If you missed these Boot Camps, please contact WTCAK for the information on the presentations)
Module 1: Export Financing
June 13, 2013
Module 1 was designed for companies seeking financing for their export operations. Presenters discussed the financing programs available through their agencies in cooperation with local commercial banks.
- Sam Dickey, Deputy District Director, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Jeff San Juan, Business Relationship Manager, Wells Fargo Bank Alaska
- Lynn Kassert, Business Advisor for International Trade, Alaska Small
Business Development Center
- Paul Watts, Senior Export Finance Manager, Export-Import Bank of the U.S.,
San.Francisco Branch Office
- Greg Wolf, Executive Director, WTCAK - Alaska Export Assistance Center
Module 2: Legal Aspects of International Trade
June 20, 2013
Module 2 was designed to help Alaskan companies to understand a variety of legal topics, to inform them about possible threats and other practical considerations that anyone doing international business should be aware.
- Isaak Hurst, Attorney, International Maritime Group (IMG)
- A team presentation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Module 3: Trade Documentation & Shipping Overseas
July 18, 2013
Module 3 was designed to inform Alaskan companies about various types of shipping documentation. The presenters identified common pitfalls for those doing international trade and examples of paperwork were provided.
- Thomas Mahn, Officer, US Customs and Border Protection
- Pamela Pierson, Import Specialist, US Customs and Border Protection
- PJ Cranmer, Regional Operations Manager - Pacific Northwest, Commodity
Module 4: Using Social Media to Market Your Company
July 25, 2013
Module 4 was designed to inform Alaskan companies on how to best utilize social media to promote their businesses. The presenters offered both theory and practical tips on best methods to use to connect with customers using Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and other media.
- Joy Bunde, President, Bloom U, LLC
- Christine West, Ph.D, The Business MD, Industrial Organizational Psychologist