New BLS Data: Anchorage prices up 1.3% over the past 6 months, up 2.5% from a year ago
The latest Consumer Price Index news release for the greater Anchorage area is now available from BLS at http://www.bls.gov/ro9/cpianch.pdf.
Items of note include:
- Area prices increased 1.3% in the first half of 2012, and 2.5% over the last 12 months
- Energy prices rose 4.1% over the year, influenced by increasing electricity prices (up 7.2%) and gasoline prices (up 5.7%)
- Natural gas service prices decreased 5.2% over the year
- Food prices rose 1.7% from the second half of 2011, while up 4.4% over the last 12 months
· Nationally, prices have increased 1.4% over the last 12 months – (click here for National News Release)