Electric Power Monthly & Electricity Monthly Update – August 2012
The Electricity Monthly Update, August 2012 edition presenting June 2012 data, has been released. Highlights include:
- For the first month since October 2011, the monthly average spot price for Henry Hub natural gas ($2.53 / MMBtu) was higher than the monthly average spot price for Central Appalachian coal ($2.46 / MMBtu).
- Coal stocks decreased for the second month in a row, after increasing for eight straight months from August 2011 to April 2012.
- Twenty-nine States had as many or more cooling degree days than June of last year, and 42 had more than the 30-year normal.
- This issue contains a feature article that explains how major weather events cause a majority of the reported electricity outages.
See the full Electricity Monthly Update report at:
The Electric Power Monthly, August 2012 edition presenting June 2012 data, has been released. Highlights include:
• In June 2012, net generation in the United States was down 1.7 percent from June 2011.
• Retail sales of electricity were down 0.7 percent from June 2011.
• The average U.S. retail price of electricity in June 2012 was down 1.6 percent from June 2011.
See the full Electric Power Monthly report at:
Contact: Electricity Data Experts