Alaska Travelgram Extra for Aug. 6, 2010
Video Overlord (#2, #3, #10, #11, #12)
Low Fare Roundup (#5)
But don't miss the other blather…uh…news. There's always something happening! In between newsletters, you should check the website (Alaskatravelgram.com), follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/alaskatravelgrm) and "like" us on Facebook (facebook.com/alaska.travelgram).
1. Eat, Pray, Love…win! Enter USTravel's contest. How does travel inspire you? You could be part of a VIP evening at the premier of the new movie!
2. Video: We had fun on the Spencer Glacier Whistlestop Tour. You will too!
3. Video: See the totems at Alaska Native Heritage Center. Next week is a big celebration--don't miss it!
4. Yes, Era Alaska's cookies are back. What could be better? I know--two of them!
5. USTravel's Low Fare Roundup. I'll say it again: be prepared to POUNCE on good fares!
6. Gray Line is the KING of the rail-n-stay packages!
7. Anchorage Yoga. O-m-m-m-m. It makes me a better traveler. Check it out!
8. Fishing is hot in Valdez. What are you waiting for?? Whether by road, by air or by ferry, Valdez is right around the corner!
9. GCI. Are you smart? Smarter than your phone? Hmm…I wonder. Time to upgrade? Stop in today.
10. Video: Great visit to Kenai Fjords National Park with Major Marine Tours.
11. Video: Great flightseeing of Mt. McKinley with Talkeetna Air Taxi.
12. KTVA Travel Tips. Hamming it up with Big Dave Stroh and Andrea Gusty.
13. Seattle TourSaver: Save $30 on this 2-for-1 book!
Have video camera, will travel. Check out the fun eye-candy (click on the links below), including Alaska Railroad, Alaska Native Heritage Center, Major Marine Tours (Kenai Fjords cruise) and Talkeetna Air Taxi. Oh--and our weekly KTVA broadcast!
Don't miss the Alaska Travelgram radio show on Tuesdays, 2-3 pm on KUDO 1080AM in Anchorage. Watch the Alaska Travelgram TV (five minutes of fame) segment on KTVA…and every Wednesday at 5:00pm on KTVA, CBS 11 in Anchorage. Check out our weekly column in the Alaska Dispatch. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.