Anchorage Municipal Elections April 1
Anchorage voters do not forget that April 1 is Election Day. Each Assembly District has a seat up for election. Midtown Anchorage is the only seat going uncontested. The other districts each have two to three candidates. All voters will vote on two School Board seats. There are also seats on the Service Area and Limited Road Service Area Board of Supervisors up for election.
Beyond the offices to be filled on Tuesday, there are also 9 propositions on the ballot for voters to consider.
- Proposition 1- Educational capital improvements, planning and design projects and districtwide building life extension project bonds
- Proposition 2- Area wide safety and public transportation capital improvement bonds
- Proposition 3- Area wide facilities capital improvement project bonds
- Proposition 4- Anchorage Parks and Recreation service area capital improvement bonds
- Proposition 5- Anchorage roads and drainage service area road and storm drainage bonds
- Proposition 6- Anchorage fire service area fire protection bonds
- Proposition 7- Anchorage metropolitan police service area facilities bonds
- Proposition 8- Municipal charter amendment regarding gender-specific terminology
- Proposition 9- Municipal charter amendment regarding vehicle violation enforcement
For more information about tomorrow’s Municipal election, please visit http://www.muni.org/departments/assembly/clerk/elections/pages/default.aspx
If you are not a resident of the Municipality and/or are not registered to vote, there is still time to register for the statewide August primary. The deadline to register is July 20. Visit www.elections.alaska.gov for more information.
Posted: April 1, 2014