Alaskanomic's Blog: Alaska Economic Update April 11, 2014
This week, Northrim Bank hosted three economic update luncheons. The annual luncheons were held in Anchorage and Fairbanks, and this year Juneau as a result of the acquisition of Alaska Pacific Bank. Speakers included Northrim Bank President & CEO Joe Beedle, Northrim Bank Economist Mark Edwards, and guest speaker Dr. Bill Conerly, business strategy consultant, online contributor to Forbes and author of Businomics.
Guests were given an update on Alaska’s economy and a special presentation on the economic issues affecting Alaska and the nation. Joe Beedle provided information specific to each region in his remarks. Each presentation is attached below. We invite you to peruse the PowerPoint presentations at your leisure.
Guests were also given a copy of the Alaska Economic Update for Spring 2014. The update was written by Bank Economist, Mark Edwards, and in the coming weeks, Alaskanomics will review each of the sections and highlight information in individual blog posts. The full update is linked below.
To wrap up each luncheon, Northrim Bank presented donations to University of Alaska programs. Over the years, Northrim has given nearly $4 million to Alaskan higher education. Northrim invests in the community and is proud to support organizations that are helping build a stronger community for the future.
- University of Alaska Fairbanks School of Management-$50,000
- University of Alaska Anchorage Institute of Social and Economic Research $100,000
- University of Alaska Anchorage Small Business Development Center $50,000
- University of Alaska Knudson Scholarship Fund- $4,500
- University of Alaska Southeast School of Management -$25,000
- University of Alaska Ketchikan Campus- $5,000
- University of Alaska Sitka Campus $5,000
Stay tuned next week for a more in-depth discussion of the economic update.