JAL Provides Order Service for In-flight Meals and In-flight Sales Onboard
In addition to enjoying the greater privacy, passengers are able to experience the order service by using in-flight entertainment system for in-flight meals and in-flight sales onboard Boeing 777-300ER aircraft [SKY SUITE 777] which has been in service since January 2013.
Business class passengers are not only able to view the pictures of in-flight meals and in-flight products on the personal TV screen in the seat but also can freely order the Anytime You Wish service*1 by tapping liquid-crystal touch-panel controller and shopping duty free products by touching the personal TV screen with greater convenience.
Meanwhile Premium Economy and Economy class passengers can glance over the in-flight duty free products on personal TV screens in their seats.
JAL endeavor to provide our valued passengers more pleasant surprise with fresh products and services. Hope we can serve you with JAL's "New Sky".
*1Anytime You Wish service: Passengers may choose from a variety of Japanese and western dishes any time they wish after the first meal service.
1. Date: From April 15, 2013(Monday)
2. Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER[SKY SUITE 777]
3. Class: Business class
(First class services are provided catering for the needs of the passengers.)
4. Applicable route: Tokyo (Narita) = London
(Plan to expand sequentially on European and American routes)*2*3
*2For more details on SKY SUITE 777 at http://www.jal.co.jp/en/newsky/
*3The order service might not be available according to the condition of in-flight entertainment system
[Order service for in-flight meals]
1. Meal service concerned: Anytime You Wish service
(Cabin attendants directly provide the first meal service with menu)
2. Service time: After the first meal service, passengers may order any time they wish until one and a half hours before landing.
3. Introduction: Order Anytime You Wish service, meals and drinks by tapping liquid-crystal touch-panel controller in the seat.
[Order service for in-flight sales]
1. Service time: After the first meal service, passengers can order until one and a half hours before landing (can view pictures in any time)
2. Introduction: Order in-flight products by touching the personal TV screen in front of your seat.
3. Others: Premium Economy and Economy Class passengers may glance over the in-flight duty free products on personal TV screen. (The order service is not available)
Posted: April 8, 2013