Youth Hiring Event Thursday, April 26 3:30 — 5:30 p.m. King Career Center Auditorium in Anchorage
About 100 highly qualified graduating Anchorage School District seniors have earned an invitation to meet with 75 construction employers with current job openings. Last year’s event resulted in a 90 percent placement rate.
The graduating seniors have hands-on training and experience including carpentry, electrical, mechanics, welding, plumbing, CAD, landscaping, fence building and more.
The students completed Mini and Spring Construction Institutes and earned certifications in OSHA 10, Forklift Safety, North Slope Training Card and Builders Level and Lasers.
To be invited to the Fair, the graduating seniors must be “Job Ready”
• Construction trades classes
• Construction MATH assessment
• Resume on file with Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development Career Guides
• Attended Employer Expectation Workshops with the Career Guides, Guest Employers and Human Resource Managers - From the Anchorage Society for Human Resource Management (ASHRM) “Emphasis on Work Ethic”
• Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development Career Guides @ King Career Center
• Anchorage School District
• Alaska Construction Academy
• Associated General Contractors of Alaska
• Anchorage Home Builders Association
Career Guides James Harris and Shaydi DeJesus