New BLS Data: Anchorage workers earn 16% more than national average
The latest BLS News Release showing employment and wage data for occupations in the Anchorage, AK Metropolitan Statistical Area is now available online at http://www.bls.gov/ro9/oesanch.pdf.
Employment counts and average hourly rates of pay are available for all jobs in the area. Items of note include:
- The average worker in the Anchorage area earned $25.11/hr in May 2011, about 16% above the U.S. average of $21.74/hr
- Management occupations in the area were highest paid at $47.63/hr, followed by Architecture and Engineering occupations at $45.33/hr
- Architecture and Engineering occupations accounted for 3.2% of local employment, compared to 1.8% nationally
- Civil Engineers averaged $44.91/hr locally, and had a total employment count of 1,020
- Office and Administrative Support occupations accounted for the largest share of total employment at 17.8%
For complete May 2011 Occupational Employment Statistics for Anchorage, AK visit: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_11260.htm
A new online feature allows you to sort data by various subjects, including by occupation, employment count, and average pay.