Delegation Announces Grants and Contracts to Alaska Programs
Washington, D.C. - The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants and contracts awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
· $504,877 to Ecotrust (which has a support organization in Alaska) for the Community-based Fisheries Trust Network project, which supports the emergence of effective Community Fishing Associations, their quota acquisitions strategies, sustainability standards, and business plan development for community-based seafood.
· $275,500 to Southeast Alaska Guides Organization for Alaska Catch Share Plan for the Guided Sport Sector project.
· $381,000 to Alaska Longline Fisherman’s Association for Electronic Monitoring for Alaskan catch share fisheries project.
Department of the Army – Office of the Chief Legislative Liaison
· $9,000,000 to Bowhead Systems Management in Anchorage. This contract will acquire systems engineering and technical assistance services in support of the Army Research Office.
Department of Housing and Urban Development
· $74,877 to Stebbins Community Association for a variety of eligible affordable housing activities. These activities may include operating assistance, development of affordable housing that may include new construction, acquisition, modernization, or rehabilitation of rental or owner-occupied housing; housing services, housing management for low-income housing, and crime prevention safety.
Department of Health and Human Services
· $532,811 to State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services for HIV Care Formula Grant Program.
· $137,690 to State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services for Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System.
· $167,648 to University of Alaska Anchorage for Alcohol Research Programs.
Posted: April 1, 2011