Sarah Palin to Speak in Dallas for a Benefit Gala on April 30thDALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Downtown Pregnancy Center announced today that Sarah Palin will be coming to the Fairmont Hotel on April 30th for a Gala event to benefit a new type of women's center in Uptown Dallas.
The Uptown Women's Center will be a one-of-a-kind women's health and wellness resource center serving professional and collegiate women in the North Texas community. According to Carolyn Cline, Executive Director for the DPC, "This is a new concept that will serve as a model for other centers across the country. The Uptown Women's Center will offer a full range of options and education pertaining to a woman's sexual health. There will also be nutrition and fitness counseling as well as relationship counseling. We are very excited to have Sarah Palin to join us for this historic event."
Also Featuring: Mayor Tom Leppert with Special Welcome and Mike Gallagher as Master of Ceremonies.
VIP Reception: $10,000 - $25,000 (limited to 68 guests) includes an 8" x 10" professional photo with Sarah Palin.
- North Texas leads the state in number of abortions with over 20,000 in 2007.
- Texas has the third highest abortion rate in the country.
- April is pro-life month nationally.
About the Downtown Pregnancy Center:
- Founded in 1994, the Downtown Pregnancy Center served 787 women in 2009. This resulted in 1,575 client visits from 123 zip codes and eight counties.
- In 2009, 271 babies were saved through counseling.
- The center provides free STD testing, sonograms and post-abortion counseling and adoption agency referrals.
- There are four full-time and two part-time paid staff members, 40 volunteers and a budget of less than $400,000. The center relies solely on outside donations.
More about the Uptown Women's Center:
- The Board of Directors voted unanimously in May 2009 to create a satellite to reach an untapped market: the female professional and the SMU student.
- 3503 Fairmount is currently under contract for $1.8 million.
- Ticket sales are priced so the Palin4Life Gala will be a "one-night capital campaign" to purchase the property in cash.
- The strategic location in a natural park setting provides a confidential environment for women when making important decisions regarding their sexual and emotional health.
Posted: April 12, 2010
More Latest News »