Operation Arctic Care 2010 Return from Kotzebue to Anchorage
Air Force, Army and Navy personnel - Guard, Reserve and Active-Duty - from
more than 30 states are returning from Operation Arctic Care 2010 Friday afternoon. The
OAC 2010 team will return from Kotzebue, AK on a C-130 to Elmendorf Air Force Base.
During their two week deployment, military medical, dental and veterinary teams:
- Treated more than 1365 dental patients
- Saw more than 1675 medical patients
- Conducted approximately 1500 optometry exams
- Created more than 900 pairs of glasses
- Vaccinated more than 730 dogs
OAC 2010 is the largest recurring medical readiness and logistics training exercise, providing
real-world humanitarian assistance and medical care to underserved U.S. citizens in one of the
most isolated regions in the United States.
The operation took place April 10-24.