Anch Chamber News & Events : April 30
April 30, 2010 In This Edition:
- "Make it Monday" forum: Alaska's Gas Pipeline Update I: Denali - The Alaska Gas Pipeline, LLC
- Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup Week Starts Tomorrow
- Military Appreciation Week to Honor Anchorage's Military Community
- Committee Schedule This Week
Member Links or e-mail.
"Make it Monday" forum: Alaska's Gas Pipeline Update I: Denali - The Alaska Gas Pipeline, LLC Noon to 1 p.m. (doors open at 11:30 a.m.), May 3, Dena'ina Center, 3rd Floor -- RSVP In early April, Denali - The Alaska Gas Pipeline, owned by subsidiaries of BP and ConocoPhillips, filed its open season plan. The Denali Project consists of a gas treatment plant (GTP), transmission lines and a mainline that will cross Alaska into Canada.
Scott Jepsen, Denali's VP of business services, will present an update on the gas pipeline project and will outline details of Denali's open season plan. RSVP today.
Upcoming Monday Forums:
- May 10: Alaska's Gas Pipeline Update II : TransCanada, Dena'ina Center -- RSVP
- May 17: Future of Workforce Development : Department of Labor, Dena'ina Center -- RSVP
- May 24: How Will National Health Legislation Impact Alaska?, Dena'ina Center -- RSVP
Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup Week Starts Tomorrow The Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup Week will kick-off Sat., May 1 throughout the Municipality of Anchorage.
First up, the Anchorage Chamber "Super Sweeper" program, where students from local schools, and their families, will help rid the streets and neighborhoods of unwanted trash from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Saturday. Orange bags can be picked up at participating schools starting at 10 a.m. Winning "Cleanup Heroes" from each school will be awarded an iPod Shuffle®, courtesy of Princess Tours.
Visit Anchoragechamber.org for more details.
Below is a snapshot of this year's Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup Week.
- Today - May 8: Orange bags available at selected Red Robin and Burger King locations
- Today - May 8: Orange bags available at Anchorage Chamber office (M, 8-11 a.m., 1:30-5 p.m.; T-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- May 1 to 8: Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup Week
- May 1: "Super Sweeper" Participation Day (Sponsored by Princess Tours)
- May 1, 2, 8: Free Dump Days at Solid Waste Services
- May 6: Clean Sweep Celebration, 5-7 p.m., Delaney Park Strip. FREE event for all participants.
Military Appreciation Week to Honor Anchorage's Military Community The Armed Forces in Anchorage not only works to serve and protect Alaskans year-round, it also serves as an economic driver for the city. The Anchorage Chamber works to maintain the strong relationship between the business community, its members and the military troops stationed in Anchorage. To show its continued support for the efforts of its local Armed Forces, a billion-dollar industry, the Anchorage Chamber will once again host its Military Appreciation Week, held from June 7 to 11.
Below is a list of upcoming events you and your co-workers can get involved in. Show your appreciation this summer by giving back to Anchorage's military community. For more information, visit Anchoragechamber.org
Save the Date:
- June 7 to 11: Anchorage Chamber Military Appreciation Week
- June 7: 18th Annual Anchorage Chamber Military Appreciation Luncheon. Purchase a table of ten and sponsor seats for military personnel to join you and your staff, or purchase individual seats. Military art auction also in store.
- June 11: 15th Annual Anchorage Chamber Military Appreciation Picnics. Volunteer to serve more than 8,000 military personnel and their families at either Ft. Richardson Army Post or Elmendorf Air Force Base.
- Now: Post a Military Discount Online. Show your support by giving product or service discounts to Anchorage's Armed Forces year-round.
- Also: Top Ten Ways to Show Your Support
Committee Schedule Next Week A complete list of weekly meetings is available online at Anchoragechamber.org.
Ambassador Council: 4 p.m., Tuesday, May 4, Anchorage Chamber. Staff Contact: Jessica Moreno, 677-7111, email@example.com.
Military Committee: 7:30 a.m., Thursday, May 6, Anchorage Chamber. Staff Contact: Jessica Moreno, 677-7111, firstname.lastname@example.org.